-->

Sabtu, 09 Juni 2018

Rick & Morty | A look at Rick Sanchez exciting life in Galactic ...
src: i.ytimg.com

Ricardo LeÃÆ'³n SÃÆ'¡nchez de Reinaldo (born July 3, 1958) is a Cuban-American journalist, radio host, and writer. He is currently a FOX News contributor, columnist for FOX News Latino, and a correspondent for the Spanish-language network, Mundo Fox.

After years as a local anchor leader at WSVN in Miami, Sanchez moved on to cable news, first as an anchor of the day at MSNBC and later on CNN, where he began as a correspondent and eventually rose to anchor. On CNN, he hosts his own Rick List and serves as Anderson Cooper's 360Ã Â ° Â ° and CNN International contributors, where he often reports and translates between English and Spanish. Sanchez was fired from CNN on October 1, 2010, following the controversial comments he made on the radio program. In July 2011, Sanchez was hired by Florida International University, to serve as a color commentator for radio broadcasts from school soccer teams.


Video Rick Sanchez



Careers

Sanchez started his broadcasting career at WCCO satellite sister station, KCMT (now KCCO-TV) in Alexandria, Minnesota, while still in college. He was hired at WSVN (formerly WCKT) in Miami in 1982 and became an anchor weekend soon after. He worked briefly for KHOU in Houston before returning to an anchor position late in the afternoon with WSVN. Sanchez was hired at MSNBC in 2001.

In 2003, Sanchez left MSNBC to return to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale TV Market, where he organizes local talk shows on WTVJ. Sanchez then docked at WBZL who was then affiliated with WBZL (now WSFL) until he joined CNN in 2004. He won an Emmy Award in 1983 for his series titled When I left Cuba .

Sanchez joined CNN in September 2004, reported from across the United States and the world. For eight months, temporarily between Paula Zahn and Campbell Brown, he docked at the Out of the Open at 8 pm. ET. On January 18, 2010, he began hosting his own show for two hours in the afternoon, Rick List , where he invited viewers to share their opinions and questions through social media. The use of social networking tools to create news programs driven by citizens is recognized by the Newseum in Washington, D.C. and has produced most of the positive feedback. After the cancellation of Campbell Brown's event, Sanchez again took over at 8 pm. Slot EST with night version of Rick List , which continues until premier Parker Spitzer.

Activate from CNN

On September 30th, 2010, Sanchez was interviewed on the radio show Sirius XM Stand Up With Pete Dominick. The Sanchez interview took place on the last day of the show at 8 pm. slot of time, and he was reportedly upset over being replaced by the new CNN talker Parker Spitzer as well as the occasional joke made at his cost on The Daily Show :

It's not just Rights that do this. Because I already know a lot, you know, a liberal established Northeast elite who may not use this as a business model, but deep down when they see a guy like me, they see an automatic guy who belongs in the second level and not the top level.... I have a man who works here on CNN whose high-ranking officer comes to me one day and says, "You know what, I do not want you to be anchored again I really do not see you as an anchor. You more as a journalist.I see you more as John QuiÃÆ'Â ± who.... 'Does he not realize that he told me,' When I see you, I think of Hispanic journalists'? Because in his mind, I do not can be a news carrier An anchor is what you give to high-profile white people, you know? So he drops me into it and compares me with it, and it u happens all the time. I think to some extent Jon Stewart and Colbert are the same way. I think Jon Stewart is a fanatic.

After Dominick questioned him, Sanchez recalled the term, "bigot," and called Stewart a "prejudice" and "do not know anything", but he defended discriminatory feelings, saying, "He was upset because someone of my kind was almost at his level" and that Stewart is "not just a joker, he can make and break a career." When asked about whether Stewart is a minority because of his Jewish faith, Sanchez replied:

Yes, a very helpless person. [laughs] He's like a minority. I mean, you know, please. Are you kidding? I tell you that everyone who runs CNN is very similar to Stewart, and many people who run all other networks are very similar to Stewart. And to imply that somehow they, the people of this country who are Jews, are oppressed minorities?

A day after his statement, CNN announced that Sanchez is no longer working with the company.

Some believe that Sanchez's departure was motivated by another reason. CNN president Jonathan Klein, who is a supporter of Sanchez and has given him increased air time, was fired just a week before Sanchez, leading some to believe that Sanchez's shooting might have been motivated by other reasons besides the comment. New York Magazine wrote, "Rumors that Sanchez is on his way out after former CNN ex-president's firing, Jonathan Klein of the company, has been circling the story of Sanchez."

While on CNN, Sanchez once called President Barack Obama "the cotton picking president," a statement he apologized, explaining that he grew up in the South where the phrase was a colloquial language. He also inaccurately linked the quote with Rush Limbaugh, which he later apologized for.

Despite his dismissal, after leaving CNN, Sanchez said, "... I want to go to say that I have nothing but the highest honors for CNN and for my extraordinary six years with them I appreciate every opportunity they have given me. me, and it was a great experience working for them. "

Apology for comment

In the days after the incident, Sanchez apologized several times. In his appearance on Good Morning America Sanchez told George Stephanopoulos, "I'm saying things I should not say, they're wrong, not just they're wrong, they're offensive too." He added, "... I am sorry and it is wrong for me to be so careless and so evil... But it happens and I can not take it back and, you know what, now I have to stand up and take responsibility."

Sanchez also called and personally apologized to Stewart. He released a statement expressing remorse for his "vague" comments, adding, "I am very opposed to hatred and intolerance, in any form, and I often speak against prejudice." On October 20, 2010, Jon Stewart told Larry King that Sanchez should not be fired for what Sanchez said in a radio interview; Stewart described the shooting as "absolute madness", and stated that he was not "personally hurt".

In a letter to Abraham Foxman - head of the Anti-Defamation League â € <â € <(ADL) - Sanchez apologized once again, writing, "... [T] here no words strong enough for me to expressed my regret and sorrow over what I said, it offended, and I very, sincerely and emphatically apologized for the pain I caused. I told my children that when they made a mistake they had to take responsibility, redeem and work to fix whatever they have done... I can not undo the offense or controversy I'm causing, all I can do is try and learn from this experience and try to be a better person. "

After a meeting with Foxman, Foxman said Sanchez can now "put the matter to rest", adding that he hopes Sanchez can now continue his life and work.

Jewish reach

At the end of 2010, the Orthodox Rabbi Shmuley Boteach held a public event in Manhattan's Carlebach Synagogue with Sanchez, and commented, "Our community has enough problems without seeking anti-Semitism where it is not there.Rick Sanchez is humiliated and his reputation dragged through mud.... The Jewish religion says that the most valuable possession of a man is his good name Rick deserves an opportunity to reclaim his own. "Sanchez and Rabbi Boteach spoke for almost two hours.

In 2011, Sanchez visited Israel as part of an ADL-sponsored journey for Latino journalists. Sanchez speaks at the ADL National Executive Committee meeting in 2012, where Sanchez recounts, "a long and unexpected journey... [and] a personal journey that took me to a man I now call a friend: Abe Foxman, who has guided me to know myself and make me grow in an unexpected way. "

Soccer announcer

On July 27, 2011, AP reported that Rick Sanchez had started work as a radio broadcaster for Florida International University. Beginning in September 2011, Sanchez provides analysis of the FIU football team.

Back to cable news

Rick Sanchez returned to cable news as a columnist at Fox News Latino in September 2012. Sanchez was offered a short-term work with the website. Since joining Fox News Latino, she has appeared on Fox News Channel as a contributor. He also started as a news contributor for MundoFox by the end of 2012.

Radio

In 2013, Sanchez returns to South Florida with a weekday event on the Clear Channel WIOD 610 AM affiliate network. Replacing Todd Schnitt in the afternoon driving time, Sanchez performs a task on the morning show, which leads to the Rush Limbaugh Show. Due to low ratings, Rick is no longer on the radio, in October 2015.

Sanchez also actively posted the video segment "In All Honesty," often reflecting from a Latin-American population perspective, alongside journalist Ruben Navarette on the MOSH social media platform.

Maps Rick Sanchez



Personal life

Sanchez was born in Guanabacoa, Cuba, a Havana municipality, and emigrated to the United States with his parents at the age of two. He grew up in Hialeah, Florida, a suburb of Miami, and attended the Mae M. Walters Primary School, Henry H. Filer Middle School, and Hialeah High School, graduating in 1977. Sanchez received a football scholarship to Minnesota State University Moorhead and transferred to University of Minnesota in Minneapolis at the CBS/WCCO Journalism Scholarship in 1979.

In his childhood, Sanchez said, "I grew up not speaking English, dealing with real everyday prejudices as a child, watching my father work in factories, washing dishes, riding in trucks, spitting in. I've been told that I can not do anything. certain things in life just because I'm a Hispanic. "He prefers to be called Rick Sanchez rather than using his birth name because, as he said in the 2009 newscast,"... I want to honor this beautiful country that allows us as Hispanics come here, and I think it's easier if someone is able to understand me by sanctifying my name. "

Sanchez and his wife, Suzanne, have three sons and one daughter: Ricky Jr.; Robby; Remmington; and Savannah.

DUI Incident

On December 10, 1990, Sanchez, driving home, crashed into a man who jumped into Sanchez's car lane. The man became paralyzed after being beaten.

Sanchez was not accused of causing the accident. Police gave blood tests over an hour after the accident, which showed that the victim had a blood alcohol level of 0.235%, more than twice the legal limit in Florida, while Sanchez's blood alcohol level was 0.15%, one and a half times the legal limit in Florida. Sanchez was charged with driving under influence (DUI) and admitted there was no contest.

rick sanchez | The Mary Sue
src: www.themarysue.com


References


Rick Sanchez Screenshot Redraw by tommy-worthington on DeviantArt
src: pre00.deviantart.net


External links

  • Rick Sanchez on IMDb
  • Rick Sanchez on Twitter

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments